- Oilfield Services
Principle Areas of Practice
- Complex Financial Modeling
- Financial Due Diligence
- Dispute Resolution
Bryan Gaston is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Restructuring Practice. Bryan specializes in restructuring and forensic accounting investigations. Bryan’s experience includes leading numerous energy and non-energy restructuring matters. Bryan has advised companies and their creditors both in and out of court. Prior to joining Opportune, Bryan worked in similar senior roles at other national and boutique restructuring firms. Prior to beginning his restructuring career, Bryan held roles in commercial lending and business valuation at Merrill Lynch as well as performed audit and litigation consulting services at KPMG.
- Managed over one dozen energy related financial restructuring situations on behalf of unsecured creditor committees, secured lenders and debtors. Work performed includes placing DIP financing and cash collateral, complex financial modeling and projections, strategic advisory, leading asset sale transactions and developing plans of reorganization.
- Advised Motors Liquidation Company (f/k/a General Motors Corp) in the historic US government sponsored restructuring of the automotive industry. Successfully closed a Section 363 sale transaction to NewCo capitalized by the US Treasury and managed the orderly disposition of over 50 million square feet of complex industrial real estate and related equipment while forming a plan to fund over $1 billion toward remediation of environmental liabilities through a global settlement with multiple state and federal agencies.
- Served as financial advisor and Interim Assistant Treasurer to LyondellBasell in its Chapter 11 restructuring. Led efforts to secure one of the largest Debtor in Possession financings ever placed.
- Served as financial advisor to The Pacific Lumber Company (“PALCO”) and affiliates in its restructuring proceeding conducted in the Southern District of Texas. PALCO owned among the largest holdings of redwood timberlands in the world. A successful plan was confirmed resolving approximately $1 billion of debt through a plan sponsored by a strategic buyer and one of two main secured lenders.
- Advised one of the nation’s largest retail grocers, Winn-Dixie, through its restructuring in the Middle District of Florida. An operational restructuring involving the exit of over 350 locations across six states and restructuring of over $2 billion in debt was achieved culminating over 100% recovery to creditors.