Principal Areas of Practice
- Overall Advisory Services Relative to All Aspects of Upstream and Midstream Investments & Operations
- Transactional Support, Due Diligence & Integration Outsourcing
- Full Subsurface, Land, Accounting & Production
- Back Office Support & Integration
- Full Operational Support & Integration
- Full System Support & Integration
- Legal & Dispute Resolution
- Full Regulatory & Compliance Support
Carl is a Partner at Opportune and serves as the Upstream Sector Leader and General Counsel. Carl has more than 25 years of business experience, including 8 years as a partner with the national law firm Winstead and 8 years as a senior executive in the energy industry. Prior to joining Opportune, Carl was the Senior Vice President of Legend Natural Gas serving in a number of roles including General Counsel, VP of Land and Chief Administrative Officer. In these roles, Carl oversaw Legal, Land, Land Administration, IT, Acquisitions/Divestitures, Risk Management, Human Resources and EHS. Carl also served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Marlin Midstream (FISH), a publicly traded MLP headquartered in Houston, Texas, with various operations throughout the United States.
- Advise private and public companies on all aspects of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, and restructuring initiatives (including all manners of due diligence – financial, land and environmental).
- Lead on all aspects of acquisition transitional support including operations, land, accounting, financial reporting, IT and data integration.
- Lead for full start-up company integration plan and execution through transition (TSA) and those of historically non-operated company to a fully integrated operating company.
- Develop and implement operational and back-office policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision making.
- Lead on all aspects of system(s) selection and implementation for accounting, land, production, document management and workflow.
- Lead on corporate governance and industry best practice initiatives.
- Develop and implement regulatory reporting requirements for upstream and midstream companies.