- Oilfield Services
Principal Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
- Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Transaction Integration
Gary is a Managing Director in Opportune’s restructuring practice. He has over thirty years of corporate accounting and restructuring experience and has advised both public and private companies in the oil and gas, oilfield service, and chemicals industries. Prior to joining Opportune, Gary served as CFO for an international land and shallow water geophysical service company offering a broad range of specialized geophysical solutions to the petroleum and mining industries, worldwide. Gary has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, roll-ups, spin-offs, IPOs, lease and project finance, and troubled debt restructurings and bankruptcies. His roles have included engagement and transactional responsibility for compliance matters, accounting, leases, transactional due diligence, valuation engagements, and testimony before bankruptcy court. He received his M.B.A and B.A. from the University of Oklahoma.
- Hired by the board as lead restructuring officer to lead a domestic energy company through a stalking-horse bid process and bankruptcy.
- Led an international land and water oilfield services company as lead restructuring officer into a pre-packed plan of reorganization within 60 days of bankruptcy court.
- Served as the CFO of several public and private companies filing bankruptcy and on a post-bankruptcy turnaround.
- Retained by a chemical company to drive a turnaround that emerged from bankruptcy with several significant issues.
- Promoted to CFO of a publically traded natural gas marketing and energy company to assist in the post bankruptcy turnaround.