- Commodities Trading & Logistics
Principal Areas of Practice
- Business strategy
- Restructuring and turnaround
- Business model design
- Process design and improvement
- Financial modeling
- Business transformation and change management
- Enterprise performance management
Glenn is a Managing Director and has over 20 years of consulting experience executing performance improvement programs for major global energy and petrochemical companies. Glenn has worked with midstream, refining and marketing, trading, lubricants and specialty chemical businesses to help them deliver exceptional financial results and breakthrough improvements in revenue, margins, costs and overall business profitability by designing and implementing transformational changes in strategy, people, organizations, processes, technologies and overall capabilities. His areas of operational expertise include: portfolio and operational strategy, marketing and business development, pricing, customer relationship management, supply chain management, manufacturing, support services and business performance management.
Prior to joining Opportune, Glenn held leadership positions in several major consulting firms where he was responsible for global energy accounts, strategic services and solutions. He partners with senior executive teams to provide transparent insights into the key drivers of financial performance and trusted advice to fully implement complex changes and capabilities to sustain financial performance.
- Designed and executed the restructuring of the downstream energy business of a super major. The effort included a detailed business and delivery focused on:
- Developing optimal and cost effective operating models including a new organization structure, processes, policies, and tools.
- Piloting and testing new operating and commercial activities to improve performance such as channel optimization and pricing.
- Institutionalizing new business and operational models, governance and accountability structures including a comprehensive management operating system to monitor and sustain financial performance.
- Led the analysis and the capability development program for a global downstream commercial and industrial marketing organization for a global energy company which increased the profitability of several key global markets. The effort developed and deployed a comprehensive business model which included sophisticated daily pricing tools, term based pricing models and guidelines and supply chain planning and inventory tools. The operating model and capabilities were implemented in every region to deliver a standard global operating model.
- Developed and delivered a comprehensive profitability improvement business assessment for several global integrated energy refining and marketing organizations. The business assessments included detailed financial analysis, transaction level profitability modeling and hypothesis driven customer, market, supply chain, organization and process analysis to validate key financial drivers and key strategic and operational gaps.
- Led the global supply chain transformation of a comprehensive turnaround effort for a major global lubricants company. The scope of the effort included building sales, marketing, pricing, and supply chain capabilities; designing a more streamlined organization as well as strategy refresh, new data analytic tools and reporting, and significant change management activities. New supply chain strategies, processes, and policies were aligned and integrated with the overall effort to restructure customer portfolios focused on more profitable volume and a rationalized complex product portfolio.