Principal Areas of Practice
- A & D—Evaluations & Integration
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate & Business Development
- Public Capital Raising & Private Equity Funding
- Investor Relations
- Deal Structuring & Negotiations
- Strategic Planning & Analysis
Jeremy Ham is a Managing Director in Opportune LLP’s Strategy and Organization practice. He has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, evaluation and integration, deal structuring and negotiations, capital raising, strategic planning and business development within the energy industry. He previously served as executive vice president at NuDevco Midstream Partners, LLC, where he led strategic transactions and business development. He also held roles as vice president of strategy and business development at Marlin Midstream Partners, LP.
- Restructured business model and strategic objectives for mid-cap private midstream company, setting it on a path to de-lever its balance sheet and prepare revenue profile to fit the then current Master Limited Partnership IPO market. Then negotiated, executed and integrated strategic gathering and processing agreements, reducing company’s commodity exposure, increasing fee based revenues and enhancing its credit profile by adding top tier clients to its customer base.
- Launched and closed Initial Public Offering of Marlin Midstream, LP. (NASDAQ: FISH) in traditional MLP structure (49% Sub / 49%Com / 2%GP). Transaction experience includes corporate organization structuring, affiliate contract structuring, financial forecast and backcast modeling, S-1 underwriting process and preparation and presentation of BOD and road show marketing materials.
- Structured, negotiated and closed MLP Reverse Merger selling the original sponsor’s 2% GP, 90% of IDR’s and 100% of control for cash to a strategic partner in the company’s primary operating basin.
- Structured, negotiated and closed $350 million asset monetization for a public exploration and production company. Created a new wholly-owned, bankruptcy-remote, Unrestricted Subsidiary (“SPV”) to carry out capital raise and equity spin down of an offshore infrastructure asset.
- Raised over $3 billion for public exploration and production company including but not limited to senior term loans, second-lien high-yield bonds, net profit interests and overriding royalty interest transactions, vendor finance programs and public preferred equity.