Principal Areas of Practice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Risk Management
- Capital Raising
- Corporate Restructuring
Jim McBride is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Energy Consulting Practice. Jim is an established energy finance executive with over 35 years of petroleum engineering and energy finance experience. Jim has led the upstream and midstream energy banking practices for a number of firms including Capital One Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of America and Texas Commerce Bank (now JPMorgan). Jim currently serves as a Board Member of the Independent Petroleum Association of America and on the Loyola University New Orleans Board of Trustees. Jim received his B.S. in Engineering at Mississippi State University.
- In 2013, as Chairman & CEO of Capital One Energy Investment Banking, helped energy clients raise over $100 billion of capital ranging from common equity to senior notes.
- Representative clients include Antero Resources, Carrizo Oil and Gas, Concho, Continental Resources, Diamondback Energy, Gulfport Resources, Laredo Petroleum, Oasis Petroleum, Range Resources, SM Energy and Whiting.
- Advised Chaparral on the private raise of $345 million of minority common equity.
- Advised three private companies on the sale of over 30,000 acres in the Utica trend.
- Advised Santa Fe Energy Resources on the spinoff of Monterey Resources.
- Advised Crystal Oil on the acquisition financing of Petal Gas Storage.
- Advised Grand Gulf Resources on the merger into Sheridan Energy.
- Led the structuring of the Cactus I and Cactus II Volumetric Production Payment Acquisition Vehicle.