- Oilfield Services
- Power & Gas
Principal Areas of Practice
- Chief Accounting Officer
- SEC Reporting
- Technical Research & Implementation of New Accounting Standards
- Internal Controls
- Coordination with External Auditors
- Acquisition Integration
Kenneth (Kenny) Bickett is a President of Opportune’s Outsourcing Practice. Kenny has over thirty years of accounting experience primarily in public and private company controllership roles focusing on financial accounting and reporting, accounting controls and research and financial planning. In addition, Mr. Bickett has provided leadership in three initial public offerings as well as numerous acquisition, divestiture and capital raising transactions including the merger of the two largest companies in a segment of oilfield services.
- Accounting leadership role in three initial public offerings and numerous other capital market transactions (both public and private-placement) including resolving and documenting technical accounting issues, overall document preparation including preparation of carve-out financial statements, audit coordination, SEC comment letter resolution and SOX compliance issues.
- Led accounting integrations of a $2.4 billion acquisition of a publicly-traded company and a merger of equals with post-merger market capitalization of $4.5 billion, among others, and provided accounting and executive leadership of a tax-free spin-off transaction reported on SEC Form 10.
- Expert-level experience of on-going compliance requirements of reporting to the Securities and Exchange Commission, including periodic filings on Form 10-Q and 10-K, adoption of new accounting pronouncements, application of existing literature, addressing SEC comment letters and keeping audit committee members informed of key issues.