- Oilfield Services
Principle Areas of Practice
- Process & Role Design
- Change Management, including Executive Alignment, Communications, Training & Documentation
- Business Requirements Gathering
- Business Analysis
- Complex Project Planning & Management
Lynell is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Process and Technology Practice. Lynell has over 20 years of experience in strategy, project management, process design and change management. Her client base has ranged from start-up companies to small independents to global integrated resource companies. She has deep skills in planning, budget and schedule management from many years of managing large programs and outsourcing arrangements. Her reputation is grounded in creativity, assertiveness, teaming, and delivery excellence. Lynell ‘s primary focus is in the U.S. upstream market; though her previous work has included Gas Storage, and LNG in both the U.S. and Europe.
- Change Management Lead for a global energy client. Responsible for all process redesign, executive alignment, communications and training for a multi-phase program implementing new software for plant accounting, revenue accounting, forecasting, land, crude oil contracts and payout management.
- Change Management Lead for an Energy software provider as they introduced their new Change Management practice. Responsibilities included interviewing and hiring the Director, assessment of integration of the new practice into the existing business, defining the methodology, and creating deliverable templates and delivering on their major clients with the new approach.
- Business Lead for a Texas regulatory agency. Assisted the agency by defining improved roles and processes, implementing a custom web-based portal, and integrating the regulatory reporting with a new accounting system.
- Change Management Lead during the Design & Prototype Phase of an SAP implementation for the Purchase to pay Process. Major activities included Executive Alignment, Communications, Training Design, and Organization Role Design. Lynell was responsible for leading the effort as well as coaching client personnel in the change strategy and approach.
- Change Management Lead for an implementation of SAP financials and production revenue accounting for a privately held oil and gas producer.