- Power & Gas
- Commodities Trading & Logistics
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Transformation
- Systems Implementation
- Post-M&A IT Transition
- Business Process Improvement
- IT/Business Controls
- Project Management & Delivery Assurance
Steven is a Managing Director with Opportune’s Process and Technology practice. He has over 23 years of leadership experience in business transformation, systems/technology implementation, business process and controls improvement. His primary focus has been on the application of technology to improve the end-to-end trading/commercial and risk management functions, improving operational efficiency and enabling better commercial/business decision making through improved processes and data. He has delivered major programs and business transformation initiatives for several clients including global integrated oil companies and independent U.S. refiners/marketers.
Prior to joining Opportune, Steven was a Partner at Accenture within their US Energy Practice and then served as a Principal at KPMG within the Commodity/Energy Risk Management group. Steven has a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University.
- Led application architecture study which evaluated potential options and recommended the best alternative to support the client’s Refined Products business. Initial project was followed by a multi-year engagement providing Project Management, Change Management and Quality Assurance support for the client’s system implementation of OpenLink’s RightAngle.
- Delivered program which prepared the client’s business processes/systems for their expanding LNG business in Australia. Focused on the long-term LNG contracts, in addition to short term trading, the program enabled this new business with OpenLink’s Endur for transaction processing and integration with other planning and financial platforms.
- Business/Solution Architect for a Trading Transformation Program centered on the co-development and implementation of OpenLink’s Endur for the US Crude and Refined Products market. Program had several components including SAP, data warehouse/end-user reporting and integration with several connected applications within Trading and Downstream businesses.
- Led multiple projects within a client’s multi-year Global Downstream Hydrocarbon Supply Chain (HCSC) Program. The program improved the clients HCSC by deploying common processes, systems and tools, as well as organization structure to provide better visibility and enable more efficient and effective planning and decision making.