- Oilfield Services
- Power & Gas
Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Restructuring
- Complex Financial Modeling
- Financial Due Diligence
Will Holden is a Managing Director in the restructuring practice of Opportune LLP in New York. With more than 20 years of investment banking, consulting and operating experience, Will provides advisory services to both distressed and healthy companies facing complex financial and/or operational challenges. Will has extensive in-court restructuring experience and has supported multiple management teams across a number of industries through the chapter 11 process. Prior to joining Opportune, Will was with Alvarez & Marsal and also Greenhill and Co. providing operational restructuring services and investment banking restructuring services, respectively, to debtors and creditors.
Will earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Skidmore College and a MBA from Columbia Business School. He is a Certified Turnaround Professional (‘CTP’) and a member of the Turnaround Management Association.
- Support and management of multiple companies going through a court supervised chapter 11 proceeding. Responsibilities included:
- Liquidity management, monitoring and reporting.
- Creating and implementation of long-term business plans.
- Development and implementation of first day strategies.
- Training and oversight of post-filing reporting requirements.
- Vendor communications and management.
- AP cut-off and post filing disaggregation of obligations.
- Plan of reorganization and disclosure statement development and support.
- Global Director of Treasury Operations where Mr. Holden’s primary responsibility was global liquidity forecasting and all global banking relationships. The Company was a middle market manufacturing company with 16 facilities globally. Other responsibilities included the oversight of financial reporting processes, development of standardized policies and procedures (heavily reliant on shop-floor interaction) and global streamlining of multiple finance functions.
- FPA for a middle market manufacturing company with $200mm of sales in the U.S. and $100mm of international sales. This client was involved in 4 business lines with each having its own general ledger and required extensive hands-on data management for all reporting and forecasting functions.
- Consultant to a $300mm propane distribution company which required Mr. Holden to develop an access database from the bottom-up to consolidate multiple IT systems for the purposes of operational budgeting and reporting.