Principle Areas of Practice
- IT Program/Project Management
- Software Selection, Design, Implementation & Support
- System Integration Strategy & Execution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Back Office Process Design & Re-Engineering
- Business Transformation & Change Management
- Business Intelligence & Reporting
Yanic is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Process and Technology practice. Yanic has over twenty five years of experience in the Energy industry (upstream and downstream) including 16 years delivering large, complex, multi-site global ERP implementations involving process re-engineering, systems integration and application implementation spanning multiple countries and cultures. His focus areas have been in the architecture, design and implementation of financial solutions including system integration and reporting strategies. He has been involved in multiple full life cycle system implementations from assessment and planning to implementation and production support.
Prior to joining Opportune, Yanic was responsible for the Technology Service Line of a private consulting firm and a Partner in Accenture’s Energy practice.
- Leading the implementation of a Workforce Scheduling Tool for the U.S. Manufacturing business of a Super-Major global Oil & Gas company. Implemented SaaS is the inception of a strategic approach for having a standard and integrated U.S. scheduling-to-pay process.
- Rio (Brazil)-based Business Implementation Manager for the Brazil localization of SAP for a global energy company. Derived strategy and led project for merging five local applications to 3 (including SAP), identifying and mitigating related business risks, implementing business process changes, testing the consolidated and “localized” systems, managing the business changes and local end-user training. Managed the selection and work execution of a local third party engaged to assist with Brazilian fiscal and regulatory reporting issues.
- Led a multi cultural and global team in Europe (Switzerland and France) to successfully integrate SAP for two French refineries into an Oracle Platform. This was the result of an M&A activity by an independent European Refiner which became the largest one after this acquisition. Project was successfully delivered on time and in less than six months under an extremely aggressive timeline and challenging environment. Managed the subsequent SAP production support post go-live.
- Project Manager for the implementation of a global SAP ECC 6.0 solution for the E&P Americas Region of a global Oil & Gas Super-Major. Solution consisted of implementing the main SAP R/3 modules (FI, CO, JVA, MM, PM, PS), SEM-BCS, SEM-BPS and integrating a web-based application for electronic procurement. Project was supported by an offshore delivery center responsible for development, testing, data management and application support.