- Oilfield Services
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Accounting for Public Debt & Equity Offerings
- Embedded Derivatives
- Consolidation & Variable Interest Entities
- Full Cost & Successful Efforts Accounting
- Business Combinations & Purchase Price Accounting
- US GAAP & SEC Reporting
Amy is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Complex Financial Reporting Group. She has over fifteen years of experience in technical accounting and SEC reporting. Amy has lived and worked overseas in Cairo, Egypt, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, which has given her significant experience in understanding business processes and risks and communicating across cultures, departments and reporting segments. Prior to moving overseas, Amy worked as an audit manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers, serving clients primarily in the energy and telecommunications industries. Amy has a Master’s in Information Systems and Accounting from the University of Tulsa. She is a member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and is fluent in Spanish.
- Transaction readiness team leader for IPOs, business combinations, reverse mergers and more. Determined required SEC filings and financial statements. Prepared SEC preclearance letters and comment letter responses and assisted management in discussions with SEC Staff. Determined proper accounting and presentation for complex financial reporting matters.
- Served as interim CAO and Controller
- Preformed industry best practices/SWOT analysis. Analyzed company processes for back-office accounting, financial reporting and financial planning and analysis. Compared to industry best practices and required standards. Recommended solutions to resolve identified deficiencies. Assisted management with implementation of recommended solutions.
- Led multiple conversions between full cost and successful efforts method of accounting for oil and gas properties.