- Life Science
- Consumer Products
Christopher Hudson is a Managing Director in Dacarba LLC, an Opportune LLP company. With more than 25 years of leadership experience across multiple industries advising clients in both revenue enhancement and cost reduction strategies. Mr. Hudson has held numerous interim management and board of director positions inleading and advising underperforming and distressed companies. He has helped clients realize operational transformations by governing short-term crises to achieve value maximizing strategic goals in complex financial and operational matters. Prior to joining Dacarba, Mr. Hudson was with Slalom Consulting where he advised clients in the healthcare and life sciences industries. Prior to Slalom, Mr. Hudson was the President of an urgent care and rehab division of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina. He was previously with KPMG as an Advisory Partner based in the southeast serving as the national healthcare technology leader. Previous roles included lead partner for national and international companies focused on performance improvements, cost reductions and litigation support. Mr. Hudson’s notable assignments include: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina; Catholic Health Initiatives; Companion Property & Casualty; Confidential Pediatric Health System in Florida; Doctors Care; DHL and WorldCom/MCI.
Mr. Hudson earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Baylor University and executive certificate from University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Executive Program.
- Advisor to Chief Financial Officer and Board of Directors for a pediatric health system based in Florida. (on-going)
- Advisor for a general acute hospital based in Texas. (on-going)
- Management Advisor to CEO, COO, CFO, CNO and CMO (Medical Officer) responsible for a distressed hospital system operating 17 facilities within Texas. Primary responsibility was development and roll-out of multi-location analytics used for reorganization and balance sheet restructuring. Specific areas included labor productivity, revenue cycle, supply chain and clinical (surgical) operations.
- President and CEO for UCI Medical Affiliates and Doctors Care PA, an urgent care and rehab clinical operator. Led reorganization and turnaround efforts post tender offer and delisting. Realigned accounting/finance, HR, legal and operational functions to be responsive to heavy demands brought on by investigations, technology, marketing and financing initiatives. Focused extensively on management, organizational model, liquidity modeling and regulatory governance and controls.
- Advisor to international logistics company that experienced difficulties with government taxing authorities regarding unclaimed property. Provided litigation discovery to the CLO and CFO to support legal strategies and escheatment processes.
- Advisory to COO and CFO of private automotive distributor and financing company. Responsibilities included reducing operating expenses by $160 million annually resulting from significant revenue drops following the 2009 capital market crisis. An operational bottom-up review of every business entity, unit and department was conducted to achieve desired outcomes.