- Oilfield Services
- Power & Gas
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Financial Reporting of Income Taxes (ASC 740)
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Corporate & Operational Finance
- Partnership Tax Planning & Compliance
Jeff is a Managing Director with Opportune’s Tax Advisory practice in Houston. Jeff has over 20 years of tax, treasury, accounting and legal experience serving clients in various segments of the energy sector. He has extensive experience in partnership and corporate tax law, tax accounting and tax compliance. Prior to Opportune, Jeff was with KPMG where he led the firm’s Alternative Investments practice serving private equity firms and portfolio companies in all facets of taxation. Jeff also signed off on large public company tax provisions. Prior to KPMG, he served as Vice President – Tax/Assistant Treasurer at Willbros Group Inc. where he re-domiciled and restructured the company, reducing its overall effective tax rate, promoted tax compliance across all business units in multiple U.S. and international tax jurisdictions, settled U.S. and international tax disputes, participated in buy-side due diligence and managed Willbros’ cash and covenants under its credit facility during challenging times.
Jeff holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from DePaul University and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from the John Marshall Law School.
- Re-domiciled and restructured public company, which included obtaining a private letter ruling from the IRS
- Buy-side financial and tax due diligence for six deals with values between $50 million and $450 million
- Negotiation of amendments to credit facilities
- Reconciliation of book and tax DD&A for leasehold, intangible drilling and equipment costs for a major integrated oil company