Principal Areas of Practice
- Complex Accounting Research and Documentation
- SEC Reporting
- Internal Controls
- Financial Due Diligence
- Capital Markets Transactions
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Jim is a Managing Director with Opportune’s Complex Financial Reporting practice in Denver. As a finance and accounting professional with experience as CFO and Treasurer, he has led financial strategies and operations of a publicly traded, multinational company. He has proven technical accounting and financial reporting expertise demonstrated as an Audit Partner in a Big Four accounting firm. He has served as a trusted executive and advisor for privately-held and publicly traded companies.
Jim has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration – Accounting from Colorado State University and is a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Colorado.
- Advised companies on new accounting standards, technical accounting matters and the design and implementation of internal controls.
- Provided counsel to SEC registrants regarding registration statements, periodic reports and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance.
- Led the pre-clearance of reporting matters with the SEC and the resolution of SEC comment letters.
- Evaluated alternative capital structures and performed financial modeling.
- Directed and participated in the financial due diligence for strategic investments and acquisitions.
- Contributed to the successful execution of an initial public offering and numerous other financing transactions.
- Built and guided a team to effectively manage all aspects of the accounting and finance functions of a publicly traded multinational corporation.
- Partnered with business unit leaders and other executive management on strategic and financial planning matters.
- Served as interim head of Internal Audit.
- Participated in the administration of a complex financial restructuring.