- Oilfield Services
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Financial Due Diligence
- SEC Financial Reporting
- Capital Investment Analysis
- Quality of Earnings Reviews
- Dispute Resolution
- Forensic Reviews
John is a Partner in the Corporate Finance Group of Opportune. With over 30 years of M&A business experience, including nine years as a senior executive in industry, John leads the M&A due diligence practice within Opportune where he is also responsible for oversight of quality of earnings assessments in conjunction with debt and equity infusions into companies. John has managed client transactions in excess of $40 billion since the formation of Opportune. Prior to joining Opportune, John was CEO of The Dorato Group, a transactional service firm focused on providing M&A-related due diligence and strategic consulting to assist in capital sourcing. Prior thereto, John held various management/officer positions with Zapata Corporation, American Exploration Company, Nuevo Energy Company and BSG Corporation.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial due diligence on client buyside transactions for asset-based and corporate deals.
- Managed financial due diligence and integration of corporate and asset-based acquisitions ranging in size from $5 million to $2 billion across multiple disciplines.
- Consistently secured significant financial recoveries for buyers on audits of final settlement statements.
- Performed emergency financial reviews of numerous distressed energy concerns that assisted private equity firms and energy banks in making critical capital investment decisions.
- Managed successful presentations on arbitrations resulting in favorable settlements.
- Designed and implemented equitable allocation methodologies for the cost of services between affiliated private and public companies.
- Resolved critical financial issues with the SEC and external auditors in consummation of corporate acquisitions and equity offerings.