PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Business Valuation
- Oil & Gas Reserve Valuation
- Intangible Asset Valuation
- Financial Modeling
- Valuation for various Financial Reporting & Tax Requirements
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Paul is a Managing Director within the Valuation Advisory Services group at Opportune LLP. Paul has over 14 years of experience serving energy companies and specializes in assisting clients with complex valuation needs. Paul provides valuation services for financial reporting, tax, and consulting services. Prior to joining Opportune, Paul worked as a Director within PwC’s Transaction Services group for over 8 years where he assisted in building the valuation practice both nationally and locally in Houston. Paul has an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin where he specialized in Finance as well as his CFA and CPA.
- Managed valuation engagements for financial reporting and tax purposes; extensive experience performing purchase price allocations for business combinations (ASC 805), long-lived asset impairments (ASC 360), and goodwill impairments (ASC 350).
- Managed valuation services for over 30 exploration & production companies on over 200 engagements.
- Performed valuations for corporate restructurings.
- Valued intangible assets for midstream, oilfield services, and fuel/c-store businesses.
- Performed business enterprise valuation services for companies in all energy sectors.
- Assisted companies during pre-deal financial diligence with valuation for accretion/dilution purposes as well as model review and value-driver sensitivity analyses.