Principal Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
- Reorganization Plan Development
- Debtor, Creditor & Equity Holder Advisory
- Business Plan Development & Review
- Complex Litigation
- Leveraged Finance & Credit Analysis
- Distressed M&A & Capital Raising
Ryan Bouley is a Partner at Dacarba LLC, an Opportune LLP company. Ryan has significant experience across numerous industries advising companies, their fiduciaries, and their stakeholders through challenging circumstances. Ryan’s work often includes the development and defense of corporate valuations, the structuring of creative financing and reorganization solutions, and providing support through complex litigation. Ryan has advised debtors, creditors, and equity holders on restructurings and special situations – both in - and out-of-court – with liabilities totaling in excess of $20.0 billion. Prior to joining Dacarba, Ryan was a vice president in the restructuring group at Duff & Phelps Securities (f/k/a Chanin Capital Partners). Before that, he worked at Panagos Katz Situational Investing – a special situations fund – and began his career in the leveraged finance group at J.P. Morgan. Ryan received a B.A., magna cum laude, in International Relations and Economics from Tufts University and a J.D. from Wake Forest University School of Law. He holds the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) Series 63 and 79 licenses.
- Advised numerous debtors and official and ad hoc stakeholder committees in the context of Chapter 11 bankruptcy in jurisdictions including Delaware, New York, Florida, and Texas.
- Structured and implemented competing reorganization plans on behalf of noteholders and lenders, including a $3.0 billion unsolicited takeover of a debtor during bankruptcy following a highly-contested and protracted, but ultimately successful valuation fight in open court.
- Prepared expert reports on matters with respect to valuation, liquidity, value distribution, capital structure, and feasibility.
- Valued and analyzed certain illiquid derivative interests in an E&P company in connection with a potential acquisition.
- Engaged in multiple extended and highly complex bankruptcy litigations, developing overall strategy and expert testimony, prosecuting avoidance actions and fraudulent conveyances, and drafting pleadings and regular way documents.
- Managed several M&A and capital raising efforts for both distressed and healthy companies across a variety of industries.
- Built any number of complex financial models for valuation purposes and leveraged buyouts, evaluating restructuring scenarios, analyzing cash flows, and tracking value distribution and stakeholder recovery.