Principal Areas of Practice
- Corporate Restructuring
- Complex Financial Modeling
- Financial Due Diligence
- Dispute Resolution
- Business Interruption Claims
Sean is the Managing Partner of Dacarba LLC, an Opportune LLP company. Sean has worked across the entire energy spectrum and in the manufacturing space. Sean specializes in restructurings, valuation, business insurance claims, damage analyses and forensic investigations. Sean’s experience includes leading numerous energy restructuring projects, both in and out of court, the negotiation of complex business interruption claims, as well as damage analyses and investigations related to asset misappropriation schemes and financial statement fraud. Prior to joining Opportune, Sean worked as a Manager in the Dispute and Investigation practices of Navigant Consulting Inc, Deloitte & Touche, US and Deloitte & Touche, UK. Sean graduated from Texas A&M University, Magna Cum Laude, with a BBA in Accounting and a MS in Finance. Sean currently serves as the Trustee to ERG Resources and on the Risk Advisory Board of and independent gas trading and marketing company.
- Managed several energy related financial restructuring projects for large bank syndicates. Work performed included valuation of assets, complex financial modeling and projections, strategic advisory and managing the banks’ relationship with the companies’ management teams.
- Served as a financial advisor to several Debtors in Possession. Work included creating business models, managing cash flow forecasting, reviewing and supervising the creation of court related schedules, testifying and negotiating debt agreements.
- Built a sophisticated Coal Transportation Risk Book for one of the largest coal consumers in the United States. Tasks included understanding dynamics associated with coal contracts, coal transportation contracts and dynamics associated with coal consumption.
- Created for a midstream natural gas company, the analysis and documentation of two $100+ million business interruption and property damage claims. Work was performed related to more than 10 natural gas liquid processing plants, three fractionators, multiple pipelines and gathering systems, a barge fleet, and marketing and retail operations.
- Participated in numerous financial due diligence and integration projects for onshore E&P asset-based acquisitions ranging in size from $15 million to $500 Million.