PRINCIPAL AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Complex Financial Reporting
- Hedge Accounting & Risk Management Policy Development
- Risk Management
- Support for Various Financial Reporting Requirements (ASC 350, 360, 718, 815 & 820)
As a Managing Director at Opportune, Shane assists companies and financial institutions throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific in their understanding of what is possible as they deal with the challenges of implementing risk management programs and highly technical accounting pronouncements. Shane oversees the risk management, derivatives, stock based compensation, and complex securities service offerings of Opportune. He assists clients with the entire risk management life cycle including strategy, execution, compliance, valuation, and hedge accounting. He has undergraduate and graduate degrees in accounting from Oklahoma State University. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Assisted companies in understanding and implementing derivatives accounting guidance.
- Developed accounting and risk management policies, SOX compliant processes, and issue-specific position papers supporting ASC 815 and IAS 39 accounting conclusions.
- Implemented hedge accounting strategies so that hedge accounting is applied in a manner which matches the accounting results with the economic realities of physical commodity operations.
- Counseled companies on specific complex financial reporting issues.