Principle Areas of Practice
- Reservoir Engineering & Management
- Reserves Engineering & Reporting
- Unconventional Reservoirs
- Acquisitions & Divestitures
- Minerals Transactions
Steve Hendrickson is the President of Ralph E. Davis Associates, an Opportune LLP company. Steve has over 30 years of professional leadership experience in the energy industry with a proven track record of adding value through acquisitions, development and operations. In addition, Steve possesses extensive knowledge in petroleum economics, energy finance, reserves reporting and data management, and has deep expertise in reservoir engineering, production engineering and technical evaluations.
Prior to joining Opportune, Steve was Principal of Hendrickson Engineering LLC, a licensed petroleum engineering firm focused on reserves assessment and property valuation supporting property acquisitions and corporate restructurings. Steve began his career at Shell Oil as an engineer in Permian Basin waterfloods and CO2 floods. Since then, he has focused on leading upstream oil and gas reserves evaluation/engineering projects serving in management or as an executive at several E&P companies, including El Paso Production Company, Montierra Minerals & Production LP and Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP. Steve is a licensed professional engineer in the state of Texas, and holds an M.S. in Finance from the University of Houston and a B.S. in Chemical Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Acquisition of Crow Creek Energy ($525 MM), Big Escambia Creek Field ($225 MM) and Redman Energy Smackover assets ($175 MM)
- Divestiture of Newfield’s South Texas Conventional assets, Exco’s Eagle Ford Shale assets and Rice Energy’s Barnett Shale assets
- Recapitalization of Eagle Rock Energy Partners
- Recent field studies include: NEIAB waterflood (Coke County, TX); NW Rocker A (Garza County, TX); Shafter Lake waterflood; and horizontal San Andres development (Andrews County, TX)