Midstream: Process & Technology: Undisclosed: Pipeline Access Application Portal on Salesforce
Undisclosed Oil & Gas Co. (“Midstream Company”) is a MLP in the pipeline transportation, marketing and storage business. As a result of significant growth, the existing manual and fragmented processes for receiving, reviewing, approving and processing new shipper requests failed to deliver timely and accurate authorization to ship and store on Midstream Company’s assets. Opportune delivered an electronic portal and standardized workflows on the Salesforce platform to improve Midstream Company’s communication with shippers, employee productivity, response time and integration with back-office accounting and shipper transactional systems.
Specifically, Opportune professionals were engaged to deliver the following:
- Complete process analysis and design for the new shipper application and review process
- Configure a custom web portal on Salesforce’s Lightning Community platform
- Develop multi-stepped forms for capturing and validating required information from the shipper
- Build an application approval process that enables collaboration across Accounting, Credit and Pipeline Management business functions
- Integrate with the existing Midstream Company’s critical shipper systems, including nomination management and accounting systems
- Create a secure process to ensure appropriate data access and privacy for both shippers and internal employees
Opportune added value to Midstream Company by advising on the latest and most appropriate Salesforce products to reduce project delivery time, costs, customizations and application support efforts. Opportune provided Salesforce’s Lightning technology expertise and advised the client on other features and functions they could leverage in the future. The solution positions Midstream Company with the ability to scale their transportation and storage business without a commensurate amount of support costs and delays. Opportune completed the solution implementation in four weeks enabling Midstream Company to transform their challenged processes and realize business value quickly.
Opportune’s Salesforce for Energy practice includes strategy development, planning, implementation, Lightening migration, integration and support services for all the major cloud products from Salesforce, including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Community Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Integration Cloud and Salesforce Platform. For more information, CLICK HERE.