Midstream: Process & Technology: Undisclosed: Data System Conversion
Undisclosed oil and gas company (“Midstream Company”) is a diverse oil, gas and NGL gathering, processing, storage and transportation company with operations in five states. Midstream Company has grown organically through several strategic acquisitions.
Opportune was engaged in March 2019 to lead a comprehensive data conversion project for Midstream Company’s lease crude gathering business in the Permian Basin. This project was multifaceted; not only were data systems being added and removed, business functions and resources were being relocated from Midland to Houston.
During the lease crude gathering data conversion project, Opportune executed the following:
- Provided project management and managed the software vendor relationship;
- Sought to understand the unique business challenges found during discovery;
- Identified source and target systems for data integration;
- Gathered requirements from users for reporting and regulatory purposes;
- Conducted parallel testing to ensure data quality;
- Streamlined business processes for efficiency gains; and
- Provided production cutover and post go-live support
Because the project required converting data into a live system, validation of results during parallel testing was key. Opportune added value by managing the data transition and serving as a repository for business insights gained through time spent working with Midland resources. This knowledge, combined with efficiency gains and rigorous testing, ensured a smooth transition to the future state.
Whether it’s specific process and technology challenges, transformational opportunities, managing financial reporting or compliance with new accounting standards, Opportune’s team of professionals have the depth of midstream functional and technical expertise to assist organizations grow and achieve their strategic vision. For more information, CLICK HERE.