Oilfield Services: Restructuring: Undisclosed: Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
A large oilfield services and tool company (“the Company”) supplies a wide offering of rental equipment and services for drilling, completion and well control activities—serving a diverse base of oil and natural gas E&P operators. Opportune was engaged as Chief Restructuring Officers by the Company to prepare and navigate it through a complex pre-arranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing for its 13 entities. The Company was running out of cash and needed to file for bankruptcy within a few weeks of our arrival.
Opportune professionals added tremendous value by:
- Successfully prepared the Company for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing within a few weeks of our engagement, including first day court motions required to minimize disruption to the business. This was a huge accomplishment as this normally takes several months for a complex filing.
- Assisted the Company in meeting a very tight series of deadlines under its restructuring support agreement to avoid triggering a sale of the Company via Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Navigated the Company through the bankruptcy process to emerge within four months of filing for bankruptcy.
- Prepared the Company’s business plan and enterprise valuation under Chapter 11, which were critical to the Company’s ability to emerge from bankruptcy.
- Assisted the Company and its attorneys in resolving numerous complex creditor claims.
- Provided leadership to the management team throughout the case, to achieve a successful outcome from bankruptcy filing.
The Company’s restructuring successfully eliminated over $200 million of total debt to de-lever the business and prepare the Company to succeed in the future.
Since inception, Opportune has been one of the most active financial advisory firms in the energy sector. Our restructuring experience, coupled with our energy-industry expertise, maximizes value for constituents in a distressed situation. We think strategically, and deliver results both operationally and financially through hands-on, actionable implementation to meet the challenges of business turnarounds. We serve equity, secured lenders, unsecured creditors and others throughout the capital structure to enhance value and increase recoveries during times of operational and financial crisis. For more information on our Restructuring services, CLICK HERE.