Upstream: Investment Banking: Sell-Side Advisory
In March 2020, Opportune Partners LLC (“Opportune Partners”) was engaged by Echo Energy Partners I LLC (“EEPI”) to serve as exclusive sell-side advisor to EEPI for the sale of substantially all of its assets in connection with its general reorganization efforts. On July 31, 2020, EEPI closed the sale of substantially all assets via 363 sale for approximately $32.7 million in cash and the assumption of approximately $3.1 million in cure costs.
EEPI is an Oklahoma City, Oklahoma based upstream oil and gas company with operated and non-operated interests in the natural gas-heavy Anadarko Basin:
- Approximately 20,000 net acres in SCOOP/STACK
- Average WI% Non-Operated / Operated: ~1.5% / ~78%
- Interest in ~840 PDP wells: ~800 non-operated / ~40 operated and 10 operated DUCs
- Large undeveloped non-operated position: total interest in ~5,000 non-operated wells/locations
Opportune Partners effectively managed a successful sales process, which yielded the following results:
- Garnered significant interest in the assets, which resulted in 78 parties accessing the virtual data room and nearly 20 qualified bidders.
- 19 bids were received, of which 17 were qualified to participate in a virtual auction of the assets.
- Conducted a rare virtual auction for oil and gas assets with over a dozen auction participants.
Opportune Partners added value to its client by properly evaluating and understanding the complex issues surrounding the asset base and bankruptcy case to communicate implications effectively and accurately to prospective buyers. Opportune Partners successfully navigated the engagement’s key issues by answering detailed questions from numerous buyers and presenting information in a transparent manner, which resulted in numerous informed buyers. Lastly, Opportune Partners was able to preserve its client’s right to credit bid and retain the assets to maximize recoveries by while simultaneously generating interest from prospective buyers, which resulted in a sales price above and beyond the expectation of its client.
Opportune Partners LLC is an independent investment banking and financial advisory affiliate of Opportune LLP, a leading global energy business advisory firm. To learn more about Opportune Partners, please visit our website here and view our brochure here.
Securities Offered Through Opportune Partners LLC Member FINRA/SIPC an affiliated entity.