Principle Areas of Practice
- Data Management
- Software Systems Integration & Support
- Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Business Intelligence, Reporting & Analytics
- Best Practice Analyses
- Change Management
Byrony is a Principal in Opportune LLP’s Upstream Transactional Advisory group. Byrony has over 20 years of experience in project management, product management, process consulting, and change management. Byrony leverages her upstream expertise to support clients to become more efficient through the implementation of software and process streamlining. Her team supports transactions throughout asset purchase and sale cycles from pre-purchase agreement to beyond the transition services period. Byrony’s client base has ranged from start-up private equity-backed companies to large publicly traded entities.
Byrony has been recognized by Hart Energy’s Oil & Gas Investor as one of its 25 Influential Women in Energy for 2022. The list honors women who have risen to the top of their professions and have achieved outstanding success in the oil and gas industry.
Byrony holds a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Oklahoma State University.
- Byrony has provided upstream subject matter expertise for many upstream software implementations across the spectrum of available software options. From performing software selection and project/program management to coordinating testing and production cut-over, she has helped several clients through the project life cycle.
- Byrony has led numerous back-office process improvement initiatives for upstream clients. These projects have included analysis of current processes and procedures, assessing software landscape, identifying gaps, and recommending improvements. Based on these improvements, her clients have been able to align departments and processes with company strategy and expand capacity.
- Byrony’s expertise is the support of an upstream transaction on both the buy and the sell-side. Byrony focuses on both the coordination of all applicable parties (legal, due diligence, software vendors, field personnel) and on best practices to support successful transactions.
- For 12 years before joining Opportune, as Product Manager for Quorum Business Solutions, Byrony designed and led the development of the upstream modules. She managed or consulted as a subject matter expert on numerous client projects and worked with an active user community to drive product direction. She was also responsible for marketing the software to prospective clients through product demonstrations and various other forms of presentation and assisted project teams to understand unique client requirements and design solutions.