Principle Areas of Practice
- Energy Finance & Accounting
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- M&A, A&D, and Capital Raising
- Financial Outsourcing & Operational Support
- Joint Venture Integration
- Transactional Support, Due Diligence & Integration Outsourcing
Caleb is Vice President of Corporate Development of Opportune’s Outsourcing practice based in Houston. Caleb has more than 15 years of dedicated energy finance experience, specializing in strategic financial planning, capital allocation, A&D/M&A evaluation and execution, investment banking, private equity, and joint venture integration. Before Opportune, Caleb served as Director of Finance at Callon Petroleum where he was responsible for commercial banking and capital markets activities, strategic financial planning, and treasury-related matters. Caleb joined Callon following 10 years of service at two E&P companies, having held the positions of both Vice President of Finance and Vice President of Treasury at Ensign Natural Resources, as well as Corporate Development and Finance Manager at Carrizo Oil & Gas. He began his career at GasRock Capital investing in small- to mid-sized E&P and midstream companies, and he subsequently was an investment banker in the Global Natural Resources Group at Barclays Capital.
Caleb holds a BBA in Honors College Finance from Oklahoma State University and an MBA from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business.
- Evaluated and executed over $4 billion in A&D transactions while working at three mid-sized energy companies (two public and one private entity), along with managing associated financings.
- Raised $5 billion in capital consisting of public debt and equity, preferred debt, private debt offerings, DrillCo financings, JV carry structures, and commercial debt while serving in corporate development and finance capacities at E&P companies.
- Led and managed domestic and international joint ventures from a financial perspective and assisted with the negotiation of partner agreements and project integrations and exits.
- Engaged in board meetings to provide corporate strategy analyses ranging from organic growth initiatives to “buying profit” through accretive acquisitions.
- Originated working capital analysis platform in tandem with advanced, integrated technology stacks to provide detailed near-term and long-term forecasts driven by the combination of field production data, revenue and JIB receipts, and internal G&A requirements.