Principle Areas of Practice
- A&D Advisory M&A Advisory Structured Transactions
- Debt & Equity Private Placements
- Fairness/Solvency Opinions
Daniel Kohl is Co-Head and Managing Director of Opportune Partners LLC, an independent investment banking and financial advisory affiliate of Opportune LLP. Dan brings more than 12 years of energy experience, having most recently served as Head of A&D Advisory at UBS where he directed all A&D and technical advisory efforts for the energy investment bank. He began his career as a geologist at Chevron, where he worked in various technical roles.
Daniel holds an M.S. from The Pennsylvania State University and a B.S. from Washington and Lee University. He is a FINRA Series 24, 79, and 63 Registered representative.
- Advised clients in over $10 billion of A&D and M&A engagements across every major basin in the U.S.:
- Significant sell-side advisory experience to best position assets and maximize value to bring the most aggressive buyers into the process.
- Extensive buy-side advisory experience with strong technical acumen coupled with accurate views on the market to help buyers win accretive deals without overpaying.
- Structured transactions such as DrillCos, drill-to-earn, farmouts, AFE divestiture, and other earn-in structures.
- Debt and equity capital market advisory:
- Debt placement advisory services, private equity raises, and/or partial equity sales.
- Strategic and portfolio management advisory.
- Fairness and solvency opinions.