Principle Areas of Practice
- System Infrastructure Design & Implementation
- IT Strategy & Organization
- M&A Due Diligence & Post-Merger Integration
- Telecom & Telephony Architecture
- Interim CIO Support Services
- Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing
- Fraud & Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Investigations
- High Availability Datacenter Planning & Construction
- IT Performance Management/Capacity Planning
- SCADA Telemetry Design & Implementation
Glenn Hartfiel is a Principal in Opportune’s Process & Technology practice. Glenn has over 25 years of experience providing clients with strategy, architecture, project management, and assessment across all areas of information technology (IT). His primary focus areas include mergers and acquisitions, IT operations, interim CIO services, enterprise infrastructure design, security architecture, and operations management. Before joining Opportune, Glenn worked at Sirius Solutions where he managed complex projects, including e-discovery litigation, M&A, and IT integration projects for various clients.
- Management consulting for CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs on IT. Engagements ranged from technical to organizational areas that provided quick win opportunities, mid-term recommendations, and long-term strategic goals.
- Led IT due diligence and integration planning for acquisitions and joint venture projects. IT due diligence included the evaluation of existing IT software, service contracts, IT infrastructure, SCADA, and plant control systems. IT strategy consisted of analysis, recommendations, software/hardware procurement, and implementation.
- Provided project management for client acquisition of over 175 wells, including midstream processing facilities. The project included documentation of process flows, software procurement, and backfill of systems/telemetry for acquired assets.
- Led 40+ asset transitions, including hydroelectric, simple, and combined-cycle plants across the U.S., including the deployment of telemetry, equipment replacement not included in the transaction, and licensing of operational software.
- Led Generation Management System (OSI Monarch) implementation, including telemetry conversion of 22 remote power plant locations within an aggressive six-month timeline. The project included connections to PJM, ERCOT, CAISO, and NEISO regional transmission operators.