Principle Areas of Practice
- Energy Finance & Accounting
- Transactional Support & Due Diligence
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
- Litigation Support
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- SEC Reporting
Gregg is a Managing Director who works across a number of Opportune’s practices to include Complex Financial Reporting, Restructuring, and Transactional Advisory Services. Gregg has worked on engagements across the entire energy spectrum including service companies that support the space. His principal areas of expertise include assisting debtors or other stakeholders through in-court and out-of-court restructurings, providing buy-side due diligence services, and advising companies on complex financial reporting and financial planning matters. Gregg has experience in mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, IPOs, troubled debt restructurings, and bankruptcies. His roles have included engagement and transactional responsibility for compliance matters, accounting, transactional due diligence, and valuation engagements. Gregg has experience serving as an expert witness, as well as a Chief Restructuring Officer.
Gregg holds a B.S. in Accounting from Washington and Lee University and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Texas.
- Served as Chief Restructuring Officer for a non-operated E&P Company through a Debtor in Possession (DIP) raise and sale through section 363 of the bankruptcy code during a Ch. 11 bankruptcy.
- Served as financial advisor to several DIP in the energy and construction industries. Work included developing business plans, managing cash flows, negotiating plans of reorganization, and testifying in bankruptcy court.
- Advised private and public companies on all aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures both pre- and post-transaction (financial, land, environmental).
- Leads quality of earnings, working capital, and other financial due diligence efforts in support of both buy-side and sell-side acquisitions across multiple industries.
- Participated in all financial statement activity around capital market issuances, including reporting on numerous Forms S-14, S-3, and “Super 8-Ks”. Activities included resolving and documenting technical accounting issues, overall document preparation, audit coordination, SEC comment letter resolution, and SOX compliance issues.
- Served as financial advisor to several large bank syndicates through in- and out-of-court restructurings. Assisted in the negotiations of DIP and exit financings and monitored all activity through the Ch. 11 process.
- Developed, maintained, and delivered client-specific cash flow forecasting models in compliance with bank covenants.
- Created and implemented oil and gas accounting policies in conjunction with U.S. GAAP and participated actively in reviewing and issuing annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations.