Principle Areas of Practice
- IT Operations
- Business/Information Systems Analysis
- Technical Infrastructure Support
- Network Administration
- Database Design/Development
- Project Governance
- Regulatory Compliance (CIP)Budgeting & Forecasting
- Contract Negotiations
- Software Testing
- Application Deployment
Ken is a Principal in Opportune’s Energy Supply and Trading Consulting practice. Ken has over 30 years of experience providing clients with information technology (IT) solutions, including custom ERP solutions, ETRM implementations and support, and application integration. He specializes in the full spectrum of implementation activities from software selection to go-live. Before joining Opportune, Ken served as a Vice President, Information Systems at Amigo Energy. Ken holds a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Manages Opportune’s ETRM Support practice. Responsible for management of multiple clients, SOW preparation and approval, staffing and demand management for multiple RightAngle support teams, and collaboration with client technical support teams.
- Prepared and executed a work plan for the upgrade of a large RightAngle installation from S15.1 to S20.1. The plan addressed upgrade activities in production, disaster recovery, and all non-production environments. Managed collaboration across Opportune, client, and multiple vendor support teams to configure, build and test new production servers, support user acceptance testing, and coordinate deployment tasks. Managed staffing and deployment on go-live weekend.
- Served as Deployment Manager responsible for implementing a suite of BOL (Bill of Lading) interfaces to retrieve information from more than 30 refined oil product truck and rail delivery terminals. The interfaces retrieved BOL information from multiple vendor systems (TopTech, Bourque Data Systems, DTN), validated the information, and imported the information into Solarc RightAngle.
- Designed and deployed a RightAngle interface to import RINs transactions from EMTS, create RINs movements and match to purchase, sale, and blending deals.
- Managed a team tasked with creating an accounting interface between Allegro 8.x and Enertia. Key deliverables included functional and technical design documents, client/Allegro approval of the design documents, and delivery of the interface’s Allegro data and visual model components. The team provided go-live support for the interface.
- Completed the Allegro University System Administrator’s curriculum and received Allegro System Administrator certification.
- Managed a team of developers tasked with completing data and visual model changes, Crystal Reports, and web service extensions to the Allegro 8.x physical logistics solution for the Green Plains DDG (dried distillers’ grain) implementation.
- Designed, developed, deployed, and supported a custom application providing integration with the Texas retail electricity market, creation and distribution of retail customer bills, automated download, and posting of customer payments, automated accounting entry processing for the general ledger, and interfaces automating customer enrollment.