Principle Areas of Practice
- Energy Trading & Risk Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Business Intelligence, Reporting & Analytics
- Hydrocarbon Supply Chain
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Organization Design & Change Management
- Custom Application Development
A Partner – Process & Technology at Opportune LLP, Kent has more than 20 years of diversified information technology experience with an emphasis on solution delivery for the energy industry. He has a proven track record of managing full life cycle software implementation and process improvement projects for downstream and utilities companies, including ETRM, ERP, BI, MDM, and CRM solutions. Before Opportune, he served as a Vice President & Chief Information Officer at CPS Energy. Kent holds a B.S. in Computer Science and Economics from Trinity University and an M.A.A. in Organizational Development from the University of the Incarnate Word.
- As Project Manager, led a global asset-backed trading and risk management transformation for an integrated global oil major. Leveraged scaled Agile methodology to implement analytics solutions enabling priced inventory management, position/exposure, commercial margin analysis, risk analytics (e.g., VaR), and electronic trade execution for crude and refined products.
- Served as IT Project Manager for the first phase of enterprise business transformation project to implement the RightAngle solution to support the company’s origination-to-settlement transaction process, including deal capture, logistics, and settlement. Key deliverables included physical and financial company position reporting, operational profit and loss reporting, and risk exposure capability. Included extensive integration with SAP back-office systems.
- Engagement lead for the implementation of Triple Point Commodity XL with extensive custom integration to SAP IS_OIL for the domestic finished products lines of business at one of the largest U.S. independent refining and marketing companies. Responsible for project scheduling, resource planning, as well as ongoing delivery control and reporting activities.
- Conducted a compliance and risk evaluation of the existing commercial operation for an independent U.S. refining company based on the East Coast. Reviewed commercial activities to ensure alignment with commercial strategy. Assessed compliance with policy, identified risks, and potential operational improvements. Co-authored commercially focused risk management policy, including sound trading practices. Prepared a comprehensive functional decomposition of the core front, mid-and back-office business processes to identify gaps and deficiencies.