Principle Areas of Practice
Kevin Cannon is a Principal in Opportune’s Valuation practice based in Houston. He has more than 20 years of experience in client service and has performed business and asset valuations and provided corporate finance consulting since 2004. His specific experience includes valuations of businesses and assets for a variety of purposes for companies throughout the energy value chain and in other industries including business services and industrial manufacturing.
Kevin is a licensed CPA in the state of Texas and has FINRA certifications Series 63 and Series 79.
Kevin earned his B.S. in Finance from the University of South Carolina and his Master of Accounting degree from The University of Texas at Austin.
- Manage numerous valuation engagements of businesses and assets for a variety of purposes, including:
- Purchase price allocation
- Asset impairment testing
- Tax planning and reporting
- Solvency and fairness opinion
- Portfolio valuation
- Litigation support
- Management planning
- Key energy-based clients while at Opportune have included Energy Transfer, Targa, Devon, and Warwick Energy.
- Thought leadership published in numerous media outlets, including Oil & Gas Financial Journal, Hart Energy, Accounting Today, and CPA Practice Advisor.
- Previously, led valuation review engagements while in the Transaction Services-Valuation practice at PwC, and supported audit review procedures. Key energy-based clients included EnCap, Tudor Pickering, Nabors, and Noble Drilling. While at PwC, led numerous engagements including the following:
- Valued more than 80 offshore drilling rigs for financial reporting purposes
- Two engagements, each valuing more than 200 legal entities, for tax reporting purposes