Principle Areas of Practice
- Revenue Recognition – ASC 606
- Leases – ASC 842
- Technical Accounting Research
- Transactional Advisory Services
Kristin is a Managing Director in Opportune’s Complex Financial Reporting practice based in Dallas. Kristin advises public and private companies on complex financial reporting and technical accounting matters, including transaction advisory and IPO and SPAC readiness engagements and revenue recognition (ASC 606) and lease accounting (ASC 842) implementations. Before joining Opportune, she worked at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), serving as a member of the team leading the FASB’s post-implementation efforts for the new revenue recognition standard. She received undergraduate and graduate degrees in Accounting from Texas A&M University and is a CPA licensed in the State of Texas.
- Managed numerous Revenue Recognition (ASC 606) projects for upstream and midstream clients. Projects typically included the development of an implementation methodology, review, and analysis of revenue contracts, drafting of technical memos, drafting disclosures, input on related processes and controls, and training of key internal staff.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Opportune’s Leases (ASC 842) implementation team charged with interpreting and implementing the new lease accounting guidance for clients across all energy sectors.
- Created pro forma financial statements and associated notes for multiple reverse mergers in the upstream and midstream sectors.
- Participated in drafting staff papers for the FASB’s Transition Resources Group for Revenue Recognition (TRG) to facilitate discussion amongst TRG members on complex revenue issues.
- Performed FASB outreach related to ASC 606 to identify implementation challenges across several industries.
- Assisted in drafting FASB amendments to ASC 606 to address implementation issues identified in practice and to clarify complex areas within the new standard.