Principle Areas of Practice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Valuation for Financial Reporting & Tax
- Business Valuation
- Oil & Gas Reserve Valuation
- Intangible Asset Valuation
Paul is a Managing Director within the Valuation Advisory Services group at Opportune LLP. Paul has over 20 years of experience serving energy companies and specializes in assisting clients with complex valuation needs. Paul has extensive experience providing valuation services for financial reporting, tax, restructuring and management decision-making purposes. Prior to joining Opportune, Paul worked as a Director within PwC’s Transaction Services group and a Vice-President with Duff & Phelps. He started his career in Arthur Andersen’s tax practice. Paul is a CPA, a CFA Charterholder and has an MBA from The University of Texas at Austin where he specialized in Finance.
- Led valuation engagements for financial reporting and tax purposes; extensive experience performing purchase price allocations for business combinations (ASC 805), long-lived asset impairments (ASC 360), goodwill impairments (ASC 350) and fresh start accounting (ASC 852).
- Led valuation services projects for over 50 E&P companies on over 300 engagements.
- Led liquidation and going concern valuations for corporate restructurings.
- Served as the expert witness in three debtor-side corporate restructurings.
- Valued intangible assets for midstream, oilfield services, fuel/c-store, industrial manufacturing, and consumer products businesses.
- Performed business enterprise valuation services for companies in multiple industries.
- Assisted companies during pre-deal financial diligence with valuation for accretion/dilution purposes, as well as model review and value-driver sensitivity analyses.