Principle Areas of Practice
- ION RightAngle
- Commodities Trading and Risk Management
- Software Implementation
- Software Design and Development
Teresa is a Principal in Opportune’s Process & Technology practice. Teresa has spent over 30 years in the oil and gas industry in various roles, including project management, software implementation, IT management, process analysis, software design, and development. Teresa has over 20 years of experience in all aspects of ION RightAngle, with an emphasis on trading and risk management.
Teresa currently serves on the board of directors for Youth Services of Tulsa. In addition, she serves on the advisory board for the Tandy School of Computer Science.
Teresa earned her B.S. in Computer Science at the University of Tulsa.
- Designed and implemented the AmeriGas derivatives business processes within RightAngle. Also led the functional design of their US physical propane acquisition, transportation, and inventory in RightAngle, including risk position and valuation reporting.
- Risk and Trading Project Team Lead for the design and implementation of systems to handle the commercial operations for midstream and downstream oil and gas clients. Advised in the formation of risk management policies and controls. Specialized in position and mark-to-market risk reporting for daily hedging and physical position requirements.
- Recent projects include: enabling the startup of a newly formed major refiner/marketer, implementing financier-required exposure reporting for an NGL and crude trading organization emerging from bankruptcy, and designing systems to transition a downstream refined products transport and supply organization away from mainframe systems.
- Negotiated and executed agreements to design, develop, and deploy custom software for numerous clients while a consultant at SolArc. Team Lead for the development of custom energy commodities trading software. Identified functional requirements, designed the necessary database structures, and implemented deal capture, risk analysis, and real-time position reporting.