TRANSACTIONAL DUE DILIGENCE
The professionals at Opportune have decades of deep experience within the energy market and have added value to corporate and private equity clients on over $100 billion of public and private transactions globally. We do this by working together as one firm—assembling our seamless team of finance, tax, process and technology, due diligence and valuation professionals. We work with a sense of urgency and focused discipline to deliver outstanding service within mandated time frames.
Opportune’s consultants are industry experts with a wealth of knowledge and experience in all things energy, including mergers and acquisitions, tax structuring and complex debt and equity infusions of capital. We are well-versed in the technical aspects of all forms of financial transactions involving the energy sector, including asset and corporate merger transactions, as well as joint venture and structured finance arrangements. We bring value to our clients on the transaction advisory assignments through the execution of each critically important component we are assigned.
We are highly qualified to deliver the following services during the due diligence phase:
- Quality of earnings assessments
- Review of acquisition closing statements
- Reserve engineering and geoscience assessments
- Tax structuring and due diligence
- Financial reporting considerations of structuring alternatives
- Enterprise risk assessment - identification of operational/financial concerns
- Cash-flow and acquisition budget analysis
- Material business contract review
- Information systems assessment
- Data migration plans
- Verification of regulatory reporting compliance
- Review of commitments and contingencies
After the transaction is completed, we help our clients with:
- Transaction integration
- Purchase price allocations for both financial reporting and tax
- Information system selection, implementation and data migration
- Document processes and procedures for knowledge transfer
- Financial planning and analysis
- Financial carve-outs
- Tax compliance
- Back-office outsourcing
- Final settlement review verifications
From the onset, we employ a thorough, timely analysis of fast-moving transactions in which we identify risks and concerns, as well as assess the existing information technology and future plans. We assist our clients with sound and creative tax structuring of these transactions. After the transaction is completed, we support management with integration of the acquired operations.
One of our particular areas of emphasis and expertise has been on performing financial due diligence on upstream energy transactions. On these numerous client assignments, we confirm the conveyed interests, review the Purchase and Sale Agreement for potential financial recoveries, and validate the accuracy of the settlement statement. After the transaction is completed, we have the unique ability to outsource the back-office financial reporting and land administration so that management can keep the focus on operations.