Principle Areas of Practice
Matthew Childress is the Chief Strategy Officer at Opportune, bringing extensive experience in corporate strategy, business development, and leadership. Prior to Opportune, he spent the previous 10 years with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC), serving in multiple regional and firm business development leadership roles, most recently leading growth for a $4B segment of the U.S. firm, working with the Partner network and business development resources to grow and expand revenue across all professional services and solutions. Prior roles include positions at Stonebridge Consulting, Idea Integration, Paladin Marketing Resources (MPS Group), and SourceNet Solutions, where he demonstrated success in leading organizations, driving management consulting, sales transformation, and strategic initiatives. Matthew's practical experience and industry knowledge underscore his ability to contribute effectively to Opportune's strategic objectives.
Matthew holds a BBA in Finance degree from The University of Texas at Austin and an MBA from the University of Houston, complemented by graduate studies at Rice University and Yale School of Management.
- National Sales Transformation Strategy: Established PwC firm-wide xSector portfolio model that enabled growth from $3B to ~$4.4B in 2 years. Business Development Leadership: Provided mentorship, coaching, and compensation/incentives to a team of more than 50 marketing and sales professionals targeting expanding portfolio accounts across the firm.
- Marketing Strategy: Working with firm sector-based marketing resources, established targeting model to activate sector and sub-sector-based portfolios to open new relationships. Includes thought leadership, issue/solution target areas and experiential events, all driving new demand generation.
- Alliances / Channel Activation: Leveraging existing Alliance / Channel infrastructure, drove alignment of alliances infrastructure to deliver large, transformational opportunities at target portfolio clients.
- Reporting / Communications: Developed firm-wide communication and PR strategy to educate firm leadership on business development infrastructure, delivering higher value and progress.
- Regional Business Development Transformation: Set and executed strategy for growth across $1.5B territory. Grew region more than $600MM annually over 3 year period.
- Sales Culture: Developed sales culture and training program to enable a long-term cultural shift in relationship development within the firm. Program touched all Partners and staff and gave customized training to participants to encourage external-facing, client-focused relationship development activities.
- Satellite Office Strategy: Developed business development and growth platform to enable satellite offices to build relationships brand and ultimately expand client revenue. Developed a program with Office Managing Partners and saw a more than 300% increase in satellite office growth.