Principle Areas of Practice
Rich is a Managing Director in Opportune LLP’s Complex Financial Reporting practice based in Tulsa. He is a seasoned finance executive with 20 years of financial reporting, audit, and accounting experience involving large, global public accounting firms and public companies. Rich has significant experience in both public and private financial reporting, business combinations, pro forma financial statements and other complex transactions. Rich has held executive, controller, and financial reporting roles at various public companies across the energy spectrum.
Rich began his career with Grant Thornton in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he was a Manager. Rich has a B.S. and an M.S. in Accounting from Oklahoma State University and is a licensed CPA in the State of Oklahoma.
- Advised and prepared the financial statements for various companies exploring a potential sale, including identification of accounting matters, implementation of new accounting standards, and coordination with external auditors.
- Advised and prepared the pro forma financial statements of various public companies in accordance with SEC regulations.
- Oversee the outsourced financial reporting group, which includes multiple professionals with expertise in serving public and private companies in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Advised various public and private oil and gas companies on matters pertaining to depletion, impairment or ceiling tests, supplemental oil and gas disclosures, and conversion from full cost to successful efforts, among other matters.
- Advised public and private companies in a variety of industries on accounting for acquisitions under ASC 805, including contingent consideration, business combination versus asset acquisition, and acquisition related journal entries along with other associated accounting matters.